Monday, February 7, 2011




IS THIS THEIR FUTURE, this is a photomontage about the future of generations to come. Will there be a future? And what kind of future will it be? And how the many oil spills will adversely affect their future. This photomontage is the pasting of a child image, and the oil soaked duck on a background of oil spilled water. These images further illustrate how the pollution of our waters will be the key to the annihilation of life on earth.
I scanned through Photobucket for pictures and found the child, duck and the polluted ocean background. I use the smudge tool to blur the color in specify places on the water. I added an oil image and positioned the duck on top of it. The blue and gray title was created using the character and style panels. I used the blending options panel to add a black outline around the text. I used the following tools to edit my montage from the tools panel: the move, quick selection, lasso, crop, eyedropper, brush, eraser,clone stamp, blur, smudge, text horizontal type, object rotate, the masks panel, layers comps panel, and history panel.

7 comments:

  1. Great idea, the earth color change worked well as do your picture overlays. The lettering on the bottom looks good and stands out well, but on the top the letters kinda blend in with the colors of the earth. Is this your first use with photoshop? I'm still trying to come up with an idea. Give you props for being the first to post your photomontage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca, thank you for checking out my photomontage and I appreciate your helpful comments.To answer your question,this is my first experience with photoshop. I am still struggling to learn photoshop. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way the images are placed inside the waves. It flows nicely (pun intended). The dark liquid makes the images stand out. Nice oil effect with the water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is too busy. I like the idea but it would be more forceful if it were a larger single child. The type is hard to read and should be bigger and/or against a solid neutral color. Use better images and make it bigger.

    Jon Andrews

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great message. I really like the overall idea but there are some things that could use a little more attention. Some of the pictures still have straight edges and corners. You could the erase tool to round them off a little bit; it would help them feel more like they belong there. I like what Jon said about having one baby’s face but if you wanted to keep more babies in the image, you could make all but the main baby black and white and blend them into the water (keeping it subtle). The bird does a nice job of bring the oily water to attention. I think that the color change in the water is subtle but you did a great job calling attention to it with the bird. I like that you chose a font that is big, bold, and futuristic. The only thing I have to say about it is that it could stand out a bit more, as Jon had mentioned earlier.
    I really think you have a great idea. I can’t wait to see what you do next!
    -Britt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your positive comment.

    Shirlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your positive feedback. I appreciate your helpful comments. And I will take your suggestions into consideration when I revise the montage. Jon is right, it is a little busy and the type is hard to read.

    Thanks Shirlene

    ReplyDelete